Mundipharma, a leader in the development and provision of treatments for moderate to severe pain, engaged with Spread Communications to publicise their latest findings on the Ebola virus and the role of antisepsis in the management of viral epidemics. The findings were announced at a press event organised at Dubai International Pharmaceuticals and Technologies Conference (DUPHAT).
THE COMMUNICATIONS CHALLENGE
Spread Communications was tasked with hosting a press conference, ensuring media attendance, and publicizing the findings with only 10 days lead time.
THE COMMUNICATIONS STRATEGY
Spread Communications developed a strategic media outreach campaign that positioned Mundipharma as an authority in the healthcare sector. A proactive and responsive regional media relations program was executed in the lead up to the event and even post the event.
Below are the outcomes that Spread achieved for Mundipharma.
- Spread Communications reached out to Tier 1 media, to help lead the conversation about Mundipharma efforts to curb the Ebola epidemic, demonstrating the breadth and efficacy of its products and in helping to inform and educate those at risk
- 15 journalists from tier 1 publications attended the press event
- Consistency of messages across the team and targeted media maintained stability and confidence in both businesses and brand messaging
- A primary focus was placed on dailies and broadcast media, resulting in quality coverage across all the major English & Arabic dailies, as well as in KSA, Oman and Kuwait
- Interviews was also secured on Abu-Dhabi classic FM, Dubai One TV and City 7 TV